The game poker is one of the most widely played casino game worldwide or the Texas Hold ‘Em as many called it. All About Poker – The Game Guides for Aspiring Pro Gambler, poker has many variations but Texas Hold ‘Em became the most popular. Since it was the simplest one to play and because of the popularity of the World Series of Poker also the movie called ‘Rounders’.
All About Poker – The Game Guides for Aspiring Pro Gambler
Poker is played with the standard pack of 52 cards, the card rankings are from Ace 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, J, Q, K and Ace. All About Poker – The Game Guides for Aspiring Pro Gambler has many versions and variations, the main types are the stud, draw and community card games. If you are a beginner and wants to explore the poker game then you should know all of these.
The Terms Used and Basic Betting Rules
- Ante – the first or the minimum bet at the start of the game.
- Blinds – are the money in chip form that are put on the table before any card are drawn. There are two types of blinds, the small blind and the big blind this makes sure there is always betting at each hand.
- Raise – when a player thinks he has the upper hand, he can increase the bet required to continue the game.
- Fold – it is when the player thinks his hand cannot win and do not want to bet anymore and lay down his hand or simply dropout. In this case, he will not be able to win or lose his chips.
- Call – when the stakes are raised, a player has the right to ‘call’ which means bet the same amount which the other player raised.
- Check – when the bet has not been raised then a player may check or pass.
Texas Hold ‘Em Round of Betting
Opening Deal – The player will be drawn with two cards face down (hole cards or pocket cards).
First Round of Betting – With the player to the left will start to bet, he can call for big blind, raise or fold. The big blind may raise or unraised the pot.
The Flop – Dealer will then burns a card and draw three community cards face up. The three first cards referred as the flop, while the rest are called the board.
Second Round of Betting – Starting again form the player to the left, players may check or bet and if a bet has already been made, the players may raise, call or fold.
The Turn – Dealer burns another card, adds a fourth card that is faced-up and is known as the turn card (Fourth Street).
Third Round of Betting – Same as the second round betting wherein the betting have been doubled.
The River – Dealer burns another card, add fifth and the final card. The fifth card also known as the river card (Fifth Street).
Final Round of Betting – Same as the 2nd and 3rd betting.
The Showdown – Showdown or the showing of cards with the highest hand will win the pot.
All About Poker – The Game Guides for Aspiring Pro Gambler hopefully this article will help you in your journey in the gambling world. As Jesse May said “Poker is a combination of luck and skill. People think mastering the skill part is hard, but they’re wrong. The trick to poker is mastering the luck”